Jennifer was born and raised in the outskirts of San Antonio, Texas as an only child. She now resides outside her comfort zone, in the rural Texas Hill Country with her husband, three children & three spoiled dogs.
In 2014, she fully embraced her passion for writing. She has published short stories and essays for local and school magazines, while working on a contemporary fiction novel. In her free time, she's raising raising her children and searching for patience.
Writing began as a coping mechanism when she was in middle school. Being an introvert was not easy and she found that writing poems, fiction, and journaling helped her process the years of teenage angst and confusion. It also later helped her through the trials of an abusive marriage, teenage motherhood and her pursuit of finding a career that was fulfilling. She remarried and has raised three awesome, sarcastic children.
In December 2013, after 20 years of working in the corporate world, she left the 9 to 5 grind and fully immersed herself within the role of a stay-at-home-mother/wife and writer.
Her first blog, Pen, Paper & Parenthood was created in January 2014 and recently she packed up her 70+ fledgling posts and moved them over to www.jenniferpreiss.com.
Read her first post, Going Up and catch up on how this all started.
Facts About Jennifer
- Has three children.
- Has a fear of birds. ALL BIRDS.
- Pigs occupy her backyard 4 months out of the year.
- Reading Addict.
- Hates to Cook.
- Married to a Man, who fortunately loves to cook.
- Loves Photography! Check out her photos on her Instagram page Vivid Moments by JP or website.
- Hates public speaking BUT read Chasing Forty in front of a live audience in 2016 at Malvern Books!...Check out the video for proof!