Jennifer, a city girl born and raised, lives outside her comfort zone in the rural Texas Hill Country. In 2014, she fully embraced her passion for writing and is currently working on her first fiction story, while fighting procrastination and doubts.
Writing began as a hobby when she was in middle school as a coping mechanism. Poems, fiction stories, and journal entries filled her life during the years of teenage angst and later showcased the trials of an abusive marriage, teenage motherhood and her hidden dream: to write as a career. These document were tucked securely behind the walls of reality and a dark dresser drawer for years.
In December 2013, after 20 years of working in the corporate world, she left the 9-5 grind and fully immersed herself within the role of a stay-at-home-mother. It was risky, but she knew it was the right move, plus it also gave her the opportunity to pursue writing. She created the blog, Pen, Paper & Parenthood, in January 2014 and recently moved to her new web home.
Read her first post, Going Up and catch up on how this all started.
Facts About Jennifer
- Suffers from Only Child Syndrome
- Attempting to raise 3 children: College Child, Middle Child and Diva and not lose her sanity.
- Fears Birds. Yes, ALL Birds.
- Has Pigs in Backyard.
- Addicted to Reading.
- Hates to Cook, but loves baking.
- Married to a Man who Loves to cook, Helps with Laundry, and Embraces his Wife's Stubbornness.
- Hates public speaking BUT read her blog post, Chasing Forty in front of a live audience in 2016 at Malvern Books. Check out the video here!