Jennifer, a city girl born and raised, lives outside her comfort zone in the rural Texas Hill Country. In 2014, she fully embraced her passion for writing and is currently working on her first fiction story, while fighting procrastination and doubts.
Writing began as a hobby when she was in middle school as a coping mechanism. Poems, fiction stories, and journal entries filled her life during the years of teenage angst and later showcased the trials of an abusive marriage, teenage motherhood and her pursuit of writing. These document were tucked securely behind the walls of reality and a dark dresser drawer for years.
In December 2013, after 20 years of working in the corporate world, she left the 9 to 5 grind and fully immersed herself within the role of a stay-at-home-mother. It was risky, but she it was the right move for her and her family.
She created her first blog, Pen, Paper & Parenthood in January 2014. Recently, she packed up her fledgling posts and moved them over to www.jenniferpreiss.com.
Read her first post, Going Up and catch up on how this all started.
Facts About Jennifer
- Suffers from Only Child Syndrome
- Has three children: Eldest Child, Middle Child and Diva Child.
- Fears Birds.
- Pigs occupy her backyard 4 months out of the year.
- Reading Addict.
- Hates to Cook. Loves to Bake.
- Married to a Man who fortunately loves to cook and embraces her stubbornness.
- Hates public speaking BUT read Chasing Forty in front of a live audience in 2016 at Malvern Books. Check out the video below for proof!